Level III AR500 Steel Core Hard Armor Plate
BAO's steel plate measures approximately .25” thick (with base coat) with a weight of 7.875 lbs in a 10×12 shooter's cut configuration. These plates address law enforcement departments looking for an ASK (Active Shooter Kit) option and Fire/EMS departments looking for an affordable yet durable Level III compliant plate option, addressing threats as high as 7.62x51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 meters. These plates offer a 5-year warranty.
Fits into the rifle plate pocket of your plate carrier, tactical entry vest, or compatible overt body armor carrier.
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
- Manufactured from certified AR500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of 505-518BHN
- Protective base coating protects steel from elements and excessive wear and tear
- Size: 10"x12"
- Weight: 7.875 lbs.
- Single Curve
- Laser cut
- Fully tested by an independent laboratory to Level III compliance
- Rated for up to six hits from 7.62mm NATO bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps
- Made in the USA
bao tactical steel plate_sp_4436047528002