Special Operation Forces Tactical Tourniquet, Wide 1.5"
The SOFå¨ Tactical Tourniquet is one of the top performing tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. While some military units have replaced their issued tourniquets with the SOFå¨TT, others military units have implemented SOP's stating that the SOFå¨ Tactical Tourniquet is to be used on all lower extremity bleeds. That means the SOFå¨TT is the tourniquet trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
The key to successful implementation of a device to be used in a high stress environment is training and ease of use. For law enforcement officers, application of the tourniquet is similar to the use of a hobble. This existing level of familiarity reduces training time and aids in the effectiveness of the device.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SOFå¨ TACTICAL TOURNIQUET
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing.
- Simple application. The SOFå¨TT is applied the same to an arm or leg. Unlike other tourniquets that require you to learn two methods of application and implement the proper method when under stress, the SOFå¨TT is applied the same way to an arm or leg. By accounting for the factors of human performance in combat, we have minimized the risk of failure. Applying a tourniquet should not be a multiple choice exam; It should be simple and straight forward. The SOFå¨TT provides the necessary effectiveness with an unmatched level of simplicity to increase the overall effectiveness of the device.
- Durability. The SOFå¨TT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
- Reliable. The SOFå¨ Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Velcroå¨, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Safety set screwåÊprevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.
- Dual locking ringsåÊoffer a back up locking system.
Made in the USA.
åÊUS PATENT-8,303,620 and D649,642 and 7,776,064