BODY ARMOR SALES POLICY
BAO treats all sales of Body Armor with caution, discretion and a sense of civic duty and responsibility. While we recognize and embrace the rights of law-abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves, we also understand that Body Armor can be used to further unlawful acts. As law-abiding members of our society, we trust that you will also find it important that we require reasonable assurances that the right people are purchasing armor products and restricting them from the people with malicious intent.
BAO WILL ONLY SELL BODY ARMOR TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Exempt: US Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter, EMT, or any other government agency personnel requiring body armor. If shipping to a government building with purchase order no ID is required. If not, a photograph of a valid LE or Military ID must be submitted. Alternatively, you may submit a memorandum on branch/agency letterhead signed by an authorized official.
- Requires ID/LOA: DOD/DOS Contractors with a current Letter of Authority for use of firearms. A photograph of your DOD/DOS Contractor ID and LOA must be submitted.
- Requires ID/Affidavit/CCW: Law Abiding US Citizens over the age of 21, with no criminal or mental health history. All of the following must be provided:
- Signed Affidavit (below), and
- One of the following:
- A copy of a valid Concealed Weapons Carry Permit / License
- A copy of a valid State-issued Driver's License
If you are unable to provide all the required documents for your purchasing category, please do not order any Body Armor items as your sale will not be processed. For situations that are outside the scope of this criteria please call us at 888-884-2427 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.
If you live in the state of Connecticut we cannot ship your Body Armor unless you are Active Law Enforcement or Military. You are welcome to take the short drive to Southern NH or visit one of our dealers in the state. We cannot ship Body Armor to APO or International addresses. BAO reserves the right to deny the sale of Body Armor to any individual for any reason.
ITAR REGULATIONS (NIGHT VISION AND HARD ARMOR LEVEL IV AND ABOVE)
The Export of ITAR regulated products such as Night Vision and Armor level IV is under control of the Office of Munitions Control, U.S. Department of State and is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and falls under the the International Traffic in Arms Regulations per title 22 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Parts 120-130. Shipment of Generation 2 or Generation 3 night vision as well as level IV armor without proper licensing or consent is strictly prohibited.